Friday, June 22, 2007

Welcome to the chronicle . . .


Welcome to the OB Chronicle, a self-indulgent catalogue of nostalgic cool.
This project came about after I had recently written a piece on Red Hot Ruthie for the San Diego Reader. I wandered around Ocean Beach in between writing, allowing the confluence of energies to flow and explored the reasons why I love OB.
Began taking photographs and talking with some of our locals.
One evening while sitting in front of the computer making headway through a bottle of two-buck-chuck, I began assembling a few tidbits , creating a novel looking newsletter to send to my friends. Printed out a dozen or so copies and mailed them.

As you can see, I did get a little carried away, added another eighteen pages to the newsletter, went from 12 xerox copies to 10,000 printed pieces . . . the OB Chronicle had formed.
I hope you enjoy this little gallimaufry that embraces and celebrates our wonderful community. I certainly basked in a reverie of sorts as I put it together.
Like to shout out a very big thank you to Tim & Debbie from Tower Two, and Phil Lucas for helping me realize this thing - that's the beauty of OB, why it is such a special place.
This catalogue is for the community, by the community, so please send in your wrings, stories, photography, art, critique, commentaries and what-not.
Cheers, Trevor Watson
send to: trevordesigns@yahoo.com


No comments: